Statement of Faith
“A declaration of those things most surely believed”
[Haven Baptist] church being organized as a fundamental, Bible-believing church, we make a declaration of the things most surely believed among us….Luke 1:1.…
- Our Statement of Belief, Purpose, and Goal adopted by said church along with our church covenant.
- The infallible, inerrent, eternal, verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible. Our policy is to use the KJV in all our teaching and preaching.
- There is one God manifested in the triune Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Genesis account of creation rejecting any other account such as evolution.
- The virgin birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The deity of Jesus Christ, Jesus was God manifested in flesh.
- The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary.
- That salvation is wholly of grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ out from among the dead.
- The second coming of Christ, personally, bodily, and premillenilally.
- The resurrection of the saints at the rapture of the church.
- The coming kingdom of our Lord upon this earth for 1,000 years.
- The Bible doctrine of eternal punishment of the unsaved in the lake of fire.
- A Scriptural church is a visible assembly of baptized believers covenanted together for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission.
- Scriptural baptism is immersion of believers; and the Lord’ Supper is a memorial ordinance restricted to believers; these being the only two Church Ordinances given by our Lord in His Word.